- Gilchrist & Soames - Distribution Center - Plainfield
- Plainfield, IN, USA
- Full Time
Swing Reach Operator
The Swing Reach Operator performs a variety of warehouse functions which includes picking and restocking whole and partial skids on elevated racks using swing-reach trucks.
- Stocks full skids and partial skids in narrow aisle racking using swing-reach truck in a 60" wide aisle and 20' off the ground at highest skid location.
- Pulls product from elevated racks, scans bar coding sheet and prepares orders for shipping.
- Wraps and prepares skids for shipment according to G&S standards.
- Operates swing-reach trucks forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Organizes and maintains merchandise according to inventory control standards.
- Verifies barcoding allocation sheet with customer order.
- Replenishes/consolidates stock of merchandise daily.
- Performs cycle counts of inventory as assigned.
- Restocks whole skids on elevated racks.
- Cleans and maintains physical condition of Warehouse.
- Assists with parcel and skid picking as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Good basic math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use RF scanning equipment, and warehouse management systems.
- Capable of operating material handling equipment 20 feet off the ground.
- Safely operates forklifts and other material handling devices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years Warehouse/Distribution Center experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Forklift and swing-reach Certification required.
- Previous experience using RF (Radio Frequency) Unit.
- Previous experience operating swing-reach truck.