- Gilchrist & Soames - Maintenance
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Gilchrist & Soames – Industrial Maintenance Tech– Plainfield, IN
Gilchrist & Soames is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their 2nd shift team in Plainfield, IN, located just outside of Indianapolis, IN. Hours for the position are 3:30 PM - 1:45 AM, Monday through Thursday with overtime. Gilchrist & Soames is a leading provider of sophisticated, cosmetic-grade toiletry collections for world-class hotels, exclusive resorts, and distinguished spas, inns, and bed & breakfasts. Specializing in servicing the luxury market, Gilchrist & Soames' products can be found in distinguished properties providing their clients with innovative, authentic and comprehensive solutions throughout the world. Gilchrist & Soames is based in Plainfield, IN and Peterborough, London, England.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Stability and Reputation –For over 16 years, Gilchrist & Soames stands as one of the most renowned and respected spa, bath, and body brands of fine products is found in the most prestigious hotels, spas, and resorts throughout the world. In 2012, they moved their US operations to a new facility which increased space and added 30 new jobs with plans to continue growing to accommodate their loyal and expanding customer base.
- Career Growth –In this critical, fast-paced role, you will be responsible for maintaining production equipment and ensuring that all machines are working properly, efficiently, and producing the highest quality of Gilchrist & Soames products. You will be provided paid training and continuous mentoring by the maintenance manager to keep your skills up-to-date with the latest technology. This is a great opportunity to advance your career by working with a variety of machines and equipment to leverage your skills in this growing, global industry leader.
- Compensation – Gilchrist & Soames offers a competitive salary and benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid vacation, personal days and holidays.
This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting within their liquid filling operation and manufacturing departments in support of the production schedule. This position exhibits a high degree of latitude in prioritizing production issues with a focus on process improvement through machine/industrial maintenance and mechanical engineering.
To be considered for the exceptional career opportunity, you MUST have:
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience including equipment installation, diagnostics, and repair utilizing industrial shop tools and equipment – high speed packaging/ bottling experience strongly desired
- At least 1 year electrical controls experience with emphasis on industrial electricity utilizing digital volt meters, amp probes, and electrical schematics. PLC experience a plus
- Complete understanding and experience with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and Safety Environmental compliance
- Pneumatic / hydraulic systems repair and diagnostics preferred
- Preference on CMMS and work order, parts inventory maintenance system experience
- Previous experience with building maintenance, construction, plumbing, and/or painting
Gilchrist & Soames is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.